I love blogging. Some days I'm good at it...some days not so much. I like to write as if I am writing in my journal, letting the words flow from my finger tips. Sometimes I get apprehensive about others reactions but it doesn't keep me from holding back. If you can't take what I write then it's ok to move on. I've talked about some personal hurtful things not looking for sympathy just freedom from the prison I often keep myself in. But I also talk about happy things, mundane things, sometimes even crazy. IMO, I'm a versatile blogger (?).
Sarah at "The Gatsby Diaries" tagged me in her blog the other day with the Versatile Blpgger Award (?). Thank you Sarah-I greatly enjoy reading your blog. You (IMO) write about real things; real things that are close to your heart.
Upon rec'ing the award I am to:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award; 2. Share seven things about you; 3. Nominate 15 newly discovered blogs; 4. Let your nominees know about the award! Before I get to the seven things about me I am going to say that nominate anyone who comes to read this post (except for Sarah since she has just been tagged. See her post here http://gatsbydiaries.blogspot.com/2010/06/versatile-or-entirely-random.html) because let's face it, we're all versatile in our writing. The folks on my "Worth the read" list don't talk about just one thing ALL the time...they talk about a lil of this and a lil of that. I really do hope that many of you take the time to write a post in response to this.
Ok. Seven things about me, that are different from anything I've already posted in any of my last (measily) 45 posts.
1) I wanted to be a journalist growing up. But my low self esteem kept me from following through with that "dream".
2) I want to be recognized for my good deeds, recoginized for my hard work, recognized for whatever good I accomplish but cringe when someone praises me, especially in front of others. It's like the devil is telling me "oh, you don't deserve it and you know it".
3) I married an enabler. Mr. Skinny Jeans doesn't have to watch his weight and obviously doesn't care about my weight because we eat fast food way too often!
4) I am addicted to facebook and the internet. Seriously, I can't get enough of this even though I get too much.
5) I am incredibly blessed; more blessed than I could ever have imagined and I'm grateful for it and pray that I NEVER forget just how blessed I am.
6) I am nosy by nature. You need me to find someone or something I will find it. In my spare time I do family history searches as well as "blast from the pasts". I recently found a co-worker of my dads after 30 years. Totally freakin awesome find!!!
7) I have been experiencing in the last month or so the feeling of "if I were to die tomorrow I'd die a happy woman". I don't mean this in a morbid sense. I have never feared death but I have been fretful; fretful that I hadn't done all I could do to make the world a better place. I no longer feel fretful but empowered. Each year I age I get a little better as a person. I'm growing so much and I feel it shows in how I present myself to the world. Sure I have my "off" days but I'm confident that I would make my ancestors proud.