Ok...time for me to come clean. The real reason I like to work out, I mean getting healthier and feeling better physically is a GREAT perk, but the real reason I like to work out is....I get to listen to my music and day dream about making it on the Voice. I KNOW how silly that is BUT working out is really the ONLY time I get for ME. I can't talk to anyone on the phone (because it's in my purse), I can't walk the dogs (cuz they're at home) and I've come to realize/accept that hubs will be perfectly fine two nights a week with me bringing dinner home at 645. It's kind of funny...but for right now I don't even CARE that I'm not being overly ambitious (ie pushing myself harder to go further and faster) because I'm totally diggin the toons. and TODAY, today I branched out to not only listening to my toons but READING while listening and walking. I'm so friggin AMAZING! :O)
30 mins moderate physical activing-check. 31 mins on the treadmill; 3.2 mph; 2% incline
30 mins reading-check. 31 mins reading There's More to Life Than This (Theresa Caputo book) while on the treadmill.
30 mins meaningful writing/prayer/meditation-uncheck. I've only gotten 5mins in....still time before bed though....and I got to look up a scripture I saw earlier on 300poundsdown
TGIF folks TGIF
Thursday, March 6, 2014
Wednesday, March 5, 2014
Ok...so...DAy 2 not so spectacular for achieving 30 mins at each goal. But it's totally fine with me because I'm happy that I did a lil of each.
1) 30 mins moderate physical activity. I managed to due 10 minutes. I would LOVE to count dog walking (which I did two 30 min sessions) but they're pugs and don't walk real fast unless they see a squirrel or cat. Or another dog!
2) 30 mins reading. I read 20 mins at my lunch which I TOTALLY loved. It was a nice break for the middle of the day. I did spend about 20 mins reading blogs but the deal is 30 minutes straight.
3) 30 mins mindful writing/prayer/metitation. this is the one I REALLY need to work harder at. I only got 10 mins in today for this goal. but again, the quality of what I got in the 10 mins is PRICELESS!!
Tuesday, March 4, 2014
Holly over at 300 Pounds Down created her own "challenge" (for a lack of better words) where she is working on x-number of small goals, for 30 mins a day, for 30 days. I find it intriguing and thought that I would start a lil smaller (I think she is working on 5 things). I'm hoping that after 30 days at least one of the 3 goals will become a permanent/routine habit.
1) 30 minutes of moderate physical activity. Walking, jogging, running, biking and or housework (yes housework-have you run a vacuum cleaner in a 1300 sq ft house? how about washed 9 windows (inside/outside)? how about the bathroom...I mean really CLEANED the bathroom?).
2) 30 minutes reading (non fiction, fiction, self help etc etc)-nothing special, just want to read to expand my mental horizons.
3) 30 minutes mindful writing, prayer, meditation. Hard to explain this one but I'd like to explore my spirituality, I'd like to write more personal prayers (write more period LOL), and learn how to quiet my brain. Sometimes I feel like the noise in my head NEVER shuts off...the only time it has gotten quiet has been when I've searched for special prayers for what's heavy on my heart at the moment. I feel like if I could meditate properly I could focus better on other goals (ie running, my job).
Today I haven't YET met my goals. I biked for 20 mins today and haven't read more than a new article online about a rude woman who left a note under another hotel guests door blasting them for their baby's overnight crying.
But I'm not concerned...it's day one, I still have an hour left, and progress is progress!