Monday, April 25, 2011

SFC week 4


What have you done this past week to help you achieve your goals?

Well, truthfully, not much. I did write my thank you cards (one from last week and this weeks). Last weeks card was to Katie who sent me a “duh winning” sticker; this weeks was to my BFF (seriously, we’ve been BFF’s since 1979) who made me the bestest quilt ever!!! I’ll have to post a picture some other time…but it is…the best…quilt…EVER!!!!

Ok, anyhow, back to what I’ve done this week to help achieve my goals….I did lose a pound and a half, so that counts. Of course I inadvertently ate a 37 point meal on Friday night which sent me into a tizzy thinking I’d pay for it later in more ways than one (the 37 points whipped out my “weekly points” and then some). Thankfully I’ve been able to work out and balance out the points. Of course, that was before last nights baseball game which sent me over in points again (stupid cold weather and darn vendor selling hot chocolate!!). As of this morning I was down about a pound, which yes is good…however; that was before the fries at lunch. I’m going to work out tonight to help re-balance the points but it has been tough going this week with food.

And I’ve not been diligently taking a deep breathe prior to arriving home. Which has lead to some heated conflicting moments. The hubs and I got into a lil tiff yesterday. I sometimes feel at a loss and a bit overwhelmed with the whole marriage thing. Nothing is black and white; there’s a lot of grey areas. A lot of compromising. A lot of feeling like I give give give but not always rec’ing. A lot of praying. A LOT OF PRAYING. There is no manual for relationships/marriages.

What did you do this past week to make you feel good about yourself?

Ummmmm…..seriously…not a damn thing. It’s been too busy and crazy and overwhelming.

Fill in the blanks:

"Giving to others comes naturally to me." I will give (mentally, physically, emotionally) until there’s nothing left to give, then I find more to give, if I feel it will help someone else. Sometimes I wonder if I am trying to make up for something bad I did in the past but maybe I’m just a giver. Sometimes though-I feel stretched to the limit, as if I have nothing left to give. That’s when I know it’s time for a pedicure!

"Taking compliments, feeling adequate, feeling confident, feeling worth a shit does not come naturally to me."

I had every intention of typing “I wish running came naturally to me” but right now “I wish being at peace with myself came naturally to me.”

Fun Question: What is your favourite Easter candy? Are you allowing yourself some this year?

Peeps are my favorite. No, I did not allow myself to have any…it isn’t worth the points!

And positive picture of the week is:

No comments:

Post a Comment