Thursday, February 3, 2011

jogging/running shoe question

I'm not very educated on running/jogging shoes. I'm going to be in the market for new ones very soon. The shoes I have (bought mid year 2010) were recommended to me by the running store here in St. Louis.  At the time of that purchase my problem areas with the feet were blisters on toes. But I have an issue with the shoe; is that it feels "big and clumpy". My normal shoe size is 8 1/2 reg, the shoes recommended are 9 wide.

I understand that due to feet swelling you should go up in size BUT is "big and clumpy" normal?  my arch area feels like it's swimming and the last 1/2 marathon I got a huge blister on both  arches. The arch area feels better now that I've taken the "recommended" shoe inserts out (and put the ones they came with back in) but they still seem too loose for me.

Any recommendation? Should I continue with current shoe brand/style (just new ones) and just double up on socks? I'm not a die hard runner but want to watch out for my feet...they've got to last me a while! thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment