Monday, December 27, 2010

Staying on track

It’s amazing how time flies…even if you’re NOT having all the fun!! J The first of the year is right around the corner and while I’ve accomplished a lot this year; I’ve got tons more to get done.

I went to my step families for the holidays. It was alright but there is nothing like being at home. I didn’t “over indulge” while enjoying the festivities and stayed with in my points. I’m very proud of myself and am quite interested to see how I do on the scale tomorrow (fingers crossed). I would like to lose at least 1.7 lbs to ensure that I meet my 10% weight loss goal this week that was set by ww (one thing said the 10% was at 21 pounds lost but my online points tracker says I need to be at 196.9 lbs (1.7 lbs to lose) which would be 21.9 lbs). I’ll be happy with any kind of loss though…

In the next two weeks I am going to incorporate substantial physical activity into my routine. It’s time. I’ve been avoiding it for too long. I have no logical reason (other than laziness) as to why I’ve avoided putting forth the effort needed to get from Point A to Point B. But the time is right. Yes yes yes…lots of people make a New Year’s resolution to “get fit/exercise more” for the New Year. Some go as far as to join a gym and or buy work out equipment. But this isn’t a New Year’s resolution for me despite the timing…it’s just time. As the book “The Hands of the Buddha” (Susan Brassfield Cogan) points out; “We are what we think about. All our lives are founded on our thoughts and our world is made up of our thoughts.”

And yes I know I didn’t reference the author correctly…but this is my blog and be thankful I referenced her!!

Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. I believe that our thought have a lot of power... as the good book says "As a man thinketh, so is he" or something like that! :) Sounds like you have some great new years resolutions! I need to get my heinie in gear too! Let's kick it in 2011!! :)

    Happy New Year!

    ~Margene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that saying fits well as well! I also remember "if you believe it to happen, it will!". I'm blessed to know you in the blog world!!

    ReplyDelete