Friday, December 3, 2010

Day 3 reverb10 Prompt-Moment....

December 3 Prompt- Moment. Pick one moment during which you felt most alive this year. Describe it in vivid detail (texture, smells, voices, noises, colors).

Such an interesting topic. Such a shame I am at loss for words for a specific moment where I felt most alive this year. Joy from Nuggets of Truth and I lightly touched on this subject this a.m. in an email (“Looking in at life from the outside”). Sadly most of this year, as well as many years past, I’ve not really felt alive. I’ve not really participated in an exciting, magical way. Sure this year I’ve participated in 2 half marathons, sure I’ve volunteered at many Cardinal Care events, sure I’ve gone to a handful of Cardinal games. But never did I have a “Frankenstein moment” when I screeched to the world “I’m alive! I’m alive! Yes sweet Jesus I AM alive!” Is there such a feeling? Am I being too…what’s the word…expectant? Am I being too much like those romantic movies, when girl meets boy, and she’s asked “how did you know that he was the one (to which she replies ‘I just knew..I had “the” feeling.’)?”

I have had many moments of comfort; many moments of accomplishments; moments of relief this year. Each moment I become a little stronger. I've lead (and continue to lead) a very blessed life. I’ve felt the tears flow in both joy and frustration. I’ve seen the sun shine; I’ve seen the moon glow. But just as important to me, I’ve seen moments in other peoples eyes. Moments like the empty nester who welcomed her child home for the holidays. The shine of her eyes as the distance closes. The warmth that emits from the hug as they hold each other. The smile on their faces that could light up a room on the darkest of days.

1 comment: