Thursday, March 28, 2013

2nd times a charm

Ever heard of dietbet? Yea...I'd heard of it only from the news and was a lil intrigued.  But just over 4 weeks ago I saw on twitter an invite to dietbet game held by the priorfatgirls bloggie folks. So I joined. I was supposed to lose 4% of my current weight (8.2) within 28 days.  28 days ends today, weigh is in tomorrow. Yea well, if you go by weight loss it was a big fail for me. And I considered not ever doing it again. Until I open minded thought about it. I may not have lost a lot of weight but I did gain motivation.  I built the treadstation and have been walking steadily since. Hey, I even did a virtual 10k and 5k.

So I'm giving it another shot. If you're interested in giving it a shot here is the link http://bit.ly/YKgejD

Another thing I have taken from this challenge is that planning is key.  I had started "really" planning half way thru the 1st challenge and that just doesn't cut it.  Too little too late. So this time around I'm going the pen and paper route NOW. tracking food, water, exercise...and weekly goals vs for the month.  I also know that while fruits are good, moderation for certain fruits is key.  I was having too much of the sweeter fruits (pineapple, honey dew, peaches) and it was not helping. I need to figure out some quick easy lunches that are both filling and healthy.  I know that black beans, canned tomatoes, and plain tuna is good but I need to make sure I have a variety. Snacks are also a lil tricky but I think I'm just going to have to "fake it till I make it". WHich is fine, it's my life story.



No comments:

Post a Comment