...quick recap of last weeks goals. My goals for the week were:
1) Drink 106 oz (min) of water (no additives-just straight water)
(did this with NO problem. Most days I exceeded my minimum...)
2) get straight out of bed right when the alarm goes off at 6am all work week
(Ummmm...not so well on this one...I was able to get moving by 630 each work day...)
3) Mon, Wed, Fri go to the gym during lunch for 30 mins of cycling
(Ah yeah...REALLY need to work on this-managed 1 day during lunch)
4) take my multi-vitamin and other supplements each morning prior to leaving the house (totally smoke checked this one..until the weekend...at which time I would have to go back to take them)
5) brown bag lunch 4 of the 5 days of work
(totally smoke checked this one too!! yeah for me-ate 4 of the 5 days at work by bringing my lunch)
6) write down what I eat
(Another one I need to work on...was real strong at the beginning of the week but then lacked enthusiasm towards the end)
On one hand I didn't do so bad. I had a very upbeat week and am sad to see it go. I hope that the weeks ahead continue to be upbeat because it is so much better than the alternative!! The water consumption was A LOT easier than I had anticipated, as was the brown bag lunch, but I forgot how hard it can be to write things down that I eat. Thankfully (and amazingly) by the end of the week my "snacking" had pretty much vanished. I bought a bunch of fruit (bananas, apples, oranges) and found that those filled some voids nicely. There were a few days that I ate very minimal (so unlike me) and had I taken the time at 5pm I could have easily written down what I had for the day. Shoot-to this day I can still remember what I had weds and friday(banana, hardboiled egg, salmon patties, orange, a cup of coffee, and tons of water).
So this week, what's on the goal list??? I dunno...I haven't mastered the first six. And I'll be honest-I'm not digging the writing stuff down--Is it really worth it?