Tuesday, December 13, 2011

I can do this

I can do this. I’ve done it before. The difference this time around is that I’m not just sweeping crap under the carpet or applying a Band-Aid to fix the wound. I’ve identified the problem (I like to spend money I don’t have and or eat junk to make myself feel better) and have identified solutions to FIX the crap (reading, blogging, exercising, writing a budget, part time job).


With no extra income coming in and purchasing NO extravagant items (ie new car, clothes I don’t need, purchases for others to “show I love them”) I can have all the “excess baggage” paid off (realistically) in 20 to 24 months. And I’ll be honest that that seems like forever. And yes, I’m embarrassed. I’d say that “why” keeps crossing my mind but I already know the answer to that. I just need to remove my head from my rear end. Could be why my rear end is still so big!! Ha ha ha..just kidding! Anyhow, I do pray that I can get a part time job…preferably teaching (since that’s what I’ve gotten the ok through my full time job to pursue as “outside” employment). If I can get a part time gig teaching I can bring in a minimum added 450 (that’s after taxes) plus a month. It doesn’t seem like much BUT I have to be careful how much more I add to my plate (because I’d really like to continue to volunteer with Cardinals Care).

As for my weight and the 7 lbs I’ve gained in 2 ½ months…I’m chasing the wagon. I’m just about back on the wagon but that whole “head in rear end thing” clouded my vision. I blame the new boss but I’m a big girl and let myself slip. I’m not sure if I was trying to “test myself” or not but it wasn’t needed. I know I have to write everything down (food wise) in order to hold myself accountable. Period. I also need to pre plan my exercise in order to come close to accomplishing it. And I need to follow up with what I actually did. I have a hundred and some days until my next ½ marathon-I need to get on it!

Here's to small rears and fuller bank accounts!!

2 comments:

  1. sounds like a well thought out plan sweetie, and my next thought was she's talking about me! i havent paid my ccs in months but ive spent every check on xmas presents WHY WHY WHY? i'm probably gonna go to credit counseling to pay off all my nonsense after the holidays. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely can do this. And believe me, it'll take us way longer than 2 years to get things paid off and squared away. You should be proud of yourself that you're taking steps to deal with the issues now and not even later.

    ReplyDelete