Tuesday, June 7, 2011

When I'm bad...I'm REALLY BAD!

You know..I wasn't feeling guilty until after I was done eating dinner tonight and calculated my points for the dinner. Then I realized that even though Tuesdays are my "start over" days (ie I get all my weekly points re-filled) I have 10 weekly ww points left for the week thanks to my bad choice (ie eating the entire "sac" of fries from white castle) after a really bad lunch choice (Five guys order of fries). I have 6 days left. Sure I can do it but gesh why!!?? ugh.

Then I started thinking about the fact that I've been bad and have not dedicated ANY time for "real" exercise (ie dedicated exercise; ie treadmill, trail running, speed walking). Sure I've done some "exercising"...if you consider speed mowing some exercising. Or the 100 bricks I loaded onto the cart, into the car, and then into the garage.  I've also been doing a moderate amount of slow paced walking. But I told the hubs I'd better reintroduce myself to the treadmill and get to it if I want any more points during any week. I'm interested to see how THAT goes (reintroducing myself to the treadmill because I will use more points...it's all a matter of whether or not I stay in the green or move to the red).

And the heat. The bad excuse I used as to why I didn't need to do anything real.  I mean it is hot (really f'in hot-the other Midwestern bloggers can vouch for this) but really-it's a bad excuse-a lil sweat before the sun comes up or after teh sun goes down wouldn't have hurt me. My actions (or lack there of) for taking care of my body would lead you to believe I'm not so smart. or not so motivated. or not so dedicated. But I'm all of those (and more).

No I'm not whining or looking for sympathy-just getting set to suck it up. It's ok to splurge or slack but making a habit of it is not an option. No...I really haven't been slacking THAT much but enough to be a gentle reminder to get off the couch and put one foot in front of the other. The slacking has caused my PMS like symptoms to resurface more frequently-another reminder to get off the couch.

So here's to tonight's jaunt outside...no sense waiting until tomorrow...why put off till tomorrow what can be done today. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment