Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Randomness

Sometimes I just wish that I were a lil more "worldly" rather than a lil more "motherly".

"Wordly" ones seem to be experiencing life for themselves while "Motherly" ones always seem to be doing something for someone else .

Don't get wrong-there is nothing wrong with "motherly"- I just feel like I've ALWAYS been doing for others. It's my turn.

Sometimes I just wish I were a lil more "versed" (thoroughly knowledgeable, skilled) rather than a lil more "tersed" (Brief and to the point; effectively concise: a terse one-word answer).

Being a lil more "versed" might make the "tersed" that comes out of my mouth a lil softer on the ears!

Sometimes I just wish I were a lil more "grounded" rather than "rounded".

Being a lil more "grounded" might make the journey to being a lil less "rounded" a lil more peaceful, exciting, and or less emotionally charged.

Sometimes I just wish I were a lil more accepting of myself as I am of others.

No one is perfect, no one will ever be perfect, not even me. 

GET OVER IT!!

Move on...

Oh, and don't forget to smile! :O)

3 comments:

  1. Well said! I really relate to the motherly vs worldly part. It's something that I really struggle with balancing.

    Stay cool in this heat, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the age of 19 until 35 I felt like it was all "motherly", because I WAS actually mothering. I am now, too, of course, but grabbing some things for myself--running, cycling--has given me an outlet to meet people, experience new things, and have an identity outside of my relation to other people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post! love it! xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete