Saturday, October 2, 2010

Beautiful Day in this neighborhood!!

I just got back from a 3 mile walk. My time wasn't bad (16 min mile) for a pretty leisurely pace. This time tomorrow I will be done with my 2nd Half Marathon, will have met an awesome local blogger, and watched the final home game for the St. Louis Cardinals (yes all this by 3 pm!). I'm looking forward to tomorrows events although I don't know how the who eating plan will go. Speaking of food-my stomachs growling. I've had a yogurt and bowl of cereal today. Entirely not enough to function properly!! :O) I have had 64 ounces of water today!!

I got the promotion at work. It's a bit bittersweet but we're both happy that one of us got the position (although he is still miffed at the system. Said what hurt the worst about the whole process is that he didn't even get an interview even though he made the list of qualified applicants. As you know, in the military you don't get interviews for promotions or for a job change. You're job performance says it all. I didn't remind him that my job performance says it all and I worked hard to advance. I just let him say his peace and we've moved on.). I'm very excited for this opportunity and we will make the best of it!

So anyhow...Good luck to everyone who is participating in a run/walk/outdoor activity tomorrow. Be safe and have tons of fun. Oh, and talk lots of pictures for us to see!! :O)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Tori, I missed the important post containing your job story! That's a lot!

    Congrats on getting the job you've aspired to--which you well deserve--however I can totally undertand how complicated that situation became when your husband threw his hat in the ring for it. So like you to offer to step back and give him a better chance. Very noble, but I'm glad you didn't decide to do that because it might not have worked out the way you wanted.....

    This will work out.... just give it some time.

    ReplyDelete