Thursday, January 2, 2014

One foot in front of the other

Still haven't commited to what to do....thought I knew what to do until I realized that it was too much out of pocket right off the cuff (to get the best deal) and that if I was going to do a monthly fee I may as well go to the YMCA where I prefer (plus I KNOW their charges up front, it doesn't change on a whim AND they don't make you sign a yearly contract)....so eventually I will make my way to the YMCA to sign up for a membership but I haven't decided when. I'm not going to sign up for WW or the class cuz truth be told (again?) I know what I am suppose to be eating and how much I should eat and that writing it down sometimes helps...by the way I sold my treadmill so I can no longer consider using it. As if I really would. I wasn't using it (used it a handful of times) and it was a daily reminder that I had once again not followed through with my "very good" intentions.

Which brings me to a topic of "commitment" phobia...which I seem to have...which I guess is my way of not making myself hold myself accountable (say that five times fast). Sometimes I just dont' get myself....I'm pretty smart...most of the time..... :O)

7 comments:

  1. It's weird how sometimes the motivation clicks and sometimes, no matter how much you want it to, it doesn't. I need to get to the Y bc I'm signing up for a strength training class...one of the big holes in my training (along with stretching). Maybe I'll see you there! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is weird...and I don't like it! Of course I'm the only one who can change it! it's kind of weird too some of the changes we make almost "naturally"...after reading something and saying "hey yeah, that's a great idea!". I've noticed lately (because I am attempting to watch my spending) that on some purchases before going into the store I will set a dollar limit and not go over it (which is why I didn't sign up at the one work out place). I'll be signing up at the Y soon...it's a nice place, clean, great machines and a walking track. I think I'll take a class or two as well just to mix it up.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so long as "soon" doesn't turn into the 2015 resolution because I know how bad I procrastinate when I let myself! you'll feel better physically and mentally when you actually DO something!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen to that...I have been known to procrastinate...I plan on signing up by the 15th of Jan (their billing cycle starts on the 15th of each month)....I'm hoping they have a special that waives teh $40 joining fee....plus all the "resolutioners" that aren't serious should be close to giving up by then and the gym won't be so crowded....

      Delete
  4. I know exactly how you feel ! You need the motivation and sometimes it just isn't there...i think then: do i really want this bad enough ? I have signed up for WW because standing on that scale every week in front of someone does help. Good Luck <3 Jacquie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Way too close to home on this one! I know what I need to do....know how it should be done...but sometimes lack motivation and or discipline too. I'm going to take baby steps and make time for me-away from the house-out of my comfort zone....

      Delete