Monday, January 7, 2013

Being Perfect

I work really hard to be the best wife, the best daughter, the best person someone else knows. But no matter how hard I try, I fall short and realize just how imperfect I am. I work so hard to please others, to put others first, to make everyone happy but I just always feel like I I miss the mark. For the love of pete-I can't even cut a straight friggin line!!

I really only have one question right now.  WHO DA FIDGE SAID I HAVE TO BE PERFECT!? OMG it's so friggin tiring! No wonder I'm always exhausted. F'ck I just can't continue down that road.

I know I will never be perfect but I can be better than I am now. And that's what I'll strive to do...LET GO (res#4) of attempting to be pefect and baby steppin to bein a lil better than I was before....working to be the very best I can be...


4 comments:

  1. Sometimes I think I'm way too comfortable embracing my flaws. Lol. We need a happy medium.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know it's kinda funny (yet sad) but I've never really embraced any thing about me. EVER. I've just kind of muttled along trying to be something unobtainable. LOL maybe if I did embrace my 'flaws' better I would realize that they really aren't flaws just things that make me unique

      Delete
  2. Hey friend! I so know how you feel about trying your best and not feeling like it counts or makes a difference. I found this blog post that really is cool. You might like to read it. It's about counting our little "drops of awesome".

    http://www.daringyoungmom.com/2012/12/19/drops-of-awesome/

    Anyway... hang in there with your super cool resolution and give yourself some credit, girl! You are awesome!! Nobody's perfect, but we can be awesome rock-stars!!! :) Sending love your way!
    XOXO
    ~Margene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey lady how are you doing? Still livin the dream? :0) thanks for the link. Need to make the gentle reminders more permanent ya know. I do have awesome points about me just needs to stop sweeping them under the rug. I just don't like the feeling of 'am I doing all I can? Am I missing my calling?' Hugs and take care

      Delete