Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Wow…been a lil while since I’ve blogged! While my time management skills were getting better, they’ve slipped a bit the last couple of weeks. Our team not only made it to the playoffs but they won the world series to boot! GO CARDINALS!! I happily blame them for my dalliance in blogging cuz when I wasn’t watching the game on tv I was volunteering AT the games for Cardinals Care. And for not being a “great” baseball fan (I’m married to a diehard Cardinal fan) I sure could feel the energy in the stadium each time they played as well as their compassion for their home town. When I say “their” I mean the occupants of St. Louis…the ones that live here, work here, who used to live here and only get to come back “now and then”, the ones who no matter how “bad it is” always seem to have a lil something left for someone else. Shoot I’m tearing up just thinking about it….very very amazing feeling and a very very amazing town.

And as funny as it is, me not being a “great baseball fan”, I feel completely lost now that baseball season is over for the year. For the last 9 months I’ve been living/breathing baseball…not just by attending games but by attending volunteer events associated with baseball. And there were A LOT of them. No, I’m not complaining; I’m just AMAZED at how busy I was. I miss that. Sigh. Oh well, it’ll give me time to finish reading some books, organizing my life, and start training for my April ½ marathon. And I need to get training…cuz while I’m still lucky enough to not have gained I’m stuck at 165. And the “roll” is feeling big!

Ok, so goals for November is/are:
  • Run/walk 50 miles (not to include potty walks-the dogs potty walk not mine). #gotmeaweekendwalker
  • De clutter (that’s what us wanna be organizers call it) the file cabinet. #shreditbabyshredit
  • Paint the bathroom #notwaitingforhimtodoit
  • Apply to CC of MO for online teaching position #whatamigettingmyselfinto

Not very many “goals” but this is all on top of “everyday” life “to do’s”. And I guess some are “to do’s” but….really…I don’t know I just work here!

1 comment:

  1. I love your goals!! You will totally get this done!!

    Keep focused!!

    ReplyDelete