Thursday, March 17, 2011

St Patrick's Day 5k hosted by Vegan Chick Pea

I participated in a virtual 5k this morning (hosted by Vegan Chick Pea) and had a great great time despite what some of the photos suggest!!

As you can't/can see (since I couldn't get to my phone quick enough on Sunday you'll have to take my word for it) I shaved off a minute and a half from my last 5k treadmill romp...
And I looked like this afterwards...no..I'm not pissed or in pain...but I did smell pretty awful (both days; more so on Sunday which, was a nice reminder why it's important to drink lots of water) as I was soaked thru and thru..
All in all it's been so much fun doing treadmill 5ks (and I'm not being sarcastic, which is interesting in itself); so much so that I look forward to more virtual 5k's..I might even host one myself!

P.S. I jogged the entire thing..slowly...and it felt WONDERFUL!

No comments:

Post a Comment