Tuesday, November 16, 2010

1.8 lost for a total of 14 lbs lost in 8 weeks.

I should be happy but I feel like I've got a long way to go to reach my goal weight. It's daunting and I question whether I have the "ump" to make it to goal. I should be exercising more. And I should be content with my 1.8 (average of near 2 lbs a week). But I'm not really on either. My goal was to lose 2 lbs a week with a few 3 lbers in there here and there. Another goal was to be doing 3 miles every other day, working myself to a jog. Neither are being accomplished and I have to be honest and say I know why. And you know why too-you're not stupid. And as the holiday comes upon us I'm not as optimistic as I could be RIGHT AT THIS MOMENT. However, I will continue to put one foot in front of the other because I can see slight changes. I will continue to log, track, weigh in, go to meetings. This is my future I am writing about. This is me I am trying to save.

I know that losing the weight like I am is likely to help me keep it off permanently. I mean really, I didn't gain everything overnight so how can I hope to wake up one morning and all of the extra weight be gone.

4 comments:

  1. You are right on in that last paragraph, Tori!

    I have thought too, what do I have to lose? If I stop trying - I will possibly just gain more weight. Where would I be in a year. How many years did I let go by and did nothing?

    You have nothing to lose by sticking with it and chipping away at it (except the weight, of course!). The key is to never give up, even when it's slow going. Yet I think you are doing wonderful!! Woo Hoo!!

    I love the pic of your Fredbird. There are times I've seen another pic somewhere else of a pug that looks like him and for a split second I think it's Tori's dog... and it of course isn't. lol

    Have a great day girl!!

    ~Margene

    ReplyDelete
  2. One day at a time. It's not immediate, but it adds up. In 8 more weeks you'll be down almost 30 pounds if you keep this rate up. That's *30* pounds! That's a ton of weight!

    Sorry you're feeling so demotivated. Maybe a new workout or goal?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holidays are hard but keep at it. I bet this blog keeps you honest, too :)

    What about a reward when you reach milestones instead of looking at the big huge goal? Perhaps some new shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's right! One foot in front of the other! It takes small steps to make big strides.

    14 lbs is awesome! So should be proud :D!!

    ReplyDelete