Thursday, September 2, 2010

Day Two

Oy. About 2 pm my legs started to ache. Right above the knees. I've felt this ache before so I wasn't concerned. I was however a bit impressed. As I stated in the previous post, I started doing the 30 Day Shred yesterday. There were many squats, jumping jacks, and butt kicks (literally!) so I was glad to see that the dvd is working. But it also made me nervous...although the exercises are doable, I am very slow. Will I ever get quicker? It was quite the debate on the drive home. But determination won out and I did the Shred for a second day.

Today the hubby left for a meeting. I quickly got the brownies in the oven (for a co workers birthday tomorrow you silly bloggers!!) and popped the dvd in. And away I went. My endurance was up a bit from yesterday, in part because I was wearing my tennis shoes (yesterday I did it barefoot) and my footing seemed better. But mainly because I was excited to test my body, to see if this dvd works. I'm not a big fan of Jillian's voice (sorry-it's like nails on a chalkboard) but her words hit me. "Keep moving, it's only 20 minutes, you'll get stronger each day, aren't you worth it". And so I kept moving.

3 comments:

  1. Way to push through! You're going to be so buff by the end of this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tori! I'm very impressed! I don't think I could do 20 minutes of Jillian's voice, much less the rest of that stuff.

    SHRED, SHRED, SHRED!!! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had the shred video for almost 2 years now...maybe I should actually give it a try?! You are inspiring me! :)

    ReplyDelete