Thursday, January 12, 2012

January 3in30 Challenge

Question of the Week:

With two weeks of the January 3in30 Challenge under our belts, it's time to stop and evaluate our goals for this month.
Have you bitten off too big a bite? Are you off track and need a kick-in-the-pants to get with it? Has LIFE gotten in the way of what you wanted to get accomplished?
Share the challenges you've faced so far this month, and tell us how you're overcoming them or adjusting your goals to fit your life.
Goals:
  1. Drink 60oz of water or more.
  2. Run/walk/jog 20 miles in January.
  3. Clean my car weekly.
I’m actually finishing up my first week of 3in30 and I’d say I’m doing “alright” with the goals. Not overwhelmed but there is room for improvement. And I certainly didn’t bite off more than I can chew…I mean really-look how easy those “goals” are!

The drinking 60oz of water is actually proving to be the easiest of the goals with the cleaning my car the hardest. I did manage to clear out the empty wrappers and bottles and wash the outside; just haven’t dusted it out or wipe it with cleany thingies.

I can’t really say that I’ve faced any “challenges” this month/week with my goals; I’m just simply learning to adjust so that I can better succeed. For example, I’m a bit lazy when it comes to moving (Run/walk/jog goal). So to get myself moving I con my neighbors into accompanying me on my “jaunts”. Sunday I got the neighbor down the streets to go walk on the trails with me by calling and waking her up (it was 10am) so that her mouth would say one thing (yes) while the brain said something else (WTF). I’ve also been encouraging myself to shut up and just walk the dogs. The weather has been FABULOUS for January and the pups love to be outside. Why not take them around the “big block” which is a mile and kill 3 birds with one stone (they get to walk outside, I get exercise, and they fall asleep shortly after getting home allowing me to “chill” on the couch)? For January I have already completed 11 of the 20 miles I have designated. AWESOME!

By the way…I will NO LONGER allow life to get in my way of what I want to accomplish. Just like the theme for Biggest Loser this season-NO MORE EXCUSES!


What have you done to work towards your 2012 goals?

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on being on top of your goals. You can do it on the walking/ running! It's always nice to get out with the dogs. Enjoy your other 9 miles.

    ReplyDelete