Monday, January 17, 2011

WWW week two...

1. What have you done this past week to help you achieve your goals?

2. Do you find that your motivation/mood changes in the winter? If so, what do you do to help/avoid it?

3. Do you have any advice for your fellow challengers on staying on task?

4. What day{s} of the week/month do you find it difficult to stay on task/motivated?

5. Fun Question of the Week: If you were going on a road trip {longer than a day} who would you take with you? Where would you go?

1. I've been working on many of my 10 goals for the WWW. I've been on the treadmill a few times with the couch25k program, read a book verse playing on the computer, asking myself "do you REALLY need that item?" when considering making a purchase (this goal is seeming to be a lot easier than I anticipated although I've yet to put those funds into savings opting to put that money towards a bill), I've chosen to drink water instead of soda ALL this week, and kept my thoughts to myself instead of saying them out loud 90% of the time. I'd say that I'm doing much better with the goals even though I've not completed any of them.

2. I don't find that my motivation really changes during the winter; I'm still too lazy for my own good! The only thing that is going to help motivate me is using the "mind over matter" theory. The hubs (surprisingly) is encouraging me to move more these days than months past. I think he sees the great progress I've made (and even bragged about it to someone) and knows that the more I move the better I will be. Thanks honey!!

3. I have no advice that other challengers don't already know. We have to be our own best cheerleaders, we have to hold ourselves accountable, and we have to know when to cut ourselves a break. It isn't always going to be easy, many struggles lie ahead. But that's life. Life isn't easy but we can (and will) succeed and lead very happy productive healthy lives.

4. To be honest, most days can be difficult. Things don't come easy to me, even something as simple as smiling. BUT I know this and make a conscious effort to "fake it till I make it". This is another example of "mind over matter" and most days I do alright. I look for ways of getting myself moving and have even found myself on my treadmill with my street clothes on while the hubs goes to get dinner. This gets me at least 20 minutes of fast walking and jogging and I must say I LOVE IT. I'm cheating NO ONE by doing this (the reason I started doing this is because I sometimes feel guilty for taking time during the week to exercise). I will say that this last year (2010) has been much easier in regards to goals and staying on task. I look forward to this year to come and making a lot more positive things second nature.

5. I love road trips. Most of the time though I prefer to take my more than one day road trips solo. This allows me to go and stop at my leisure. This allows me to get off the beaten track and explore the sights along the way. I'd really love to take a road trip east (Boston maybe) and eat at as many seafood restaurants I can pull into!! I also love thrift stores and flea markets and would stop at every one that I passed!

And for the happy picture of the week...I leave you with my baseball loving husband.  Only 27 days until pitchers and catchers report to spring training. And 75 days until the baseball season opens for 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment