Monday, January 10, 2011

Winter Wonderland Warriors Week Two

It has been a crazy crazy week (as you well know from a previous post). Besides MTOM, work has been insane busy. Busy is good (keeps me out of trouble!) but it amazed me how time moved. I was so busy that I couldn't believe how slow things seemed to be...it took forever for Friday to arrive! But alais Friday came. And now Monday morning is knocking at the door! oy-vay.

Today I am here to discuss my progress on the Winter Wonderland Warriors project. Question One: What have you done this past week to help you achieve your goals? Surprisingly I have worked towards these goals--well some of them. 

In my hopes to run/jog 3 miles straight in 35 minutes or less I began my walk/jog program again. Two other days this week I got on the treadmill for 10 minutes each time. Then yesterday (Sunday) I walked/jogged 3.3 miles. To help me I had downloaded a "couch to 5k" onto my ipod touch. WONDERFUL app and so glad that I downloaded it. It started with a 5 minute warm up, moved to 60 seconds of running, then to 90 seconds of walking and so forth. It ended with a 5 minute cool down. Of course at the end of day one (30 minutes) for the app I had only gone 2.2 miles. I had wanted to do a minimum of 60 minutes and or 3 plus miles so I just continued on my own until I got to where I wanted to be.

Another goal I've worked on is the 3x5 cards with meals. I've gotten 2 1/2 half restaurants written out. To help with writing the cards out later I've also started highlighting in my weight watchers book items I enjoy eating. I think after I get my 10 restaurants done I am going to write out home meals (things we eat often from home-like sandwiches, breakfast etc).

I've also worked on the spend less/save more, drinking more water, and playing less on the computer. I've got a lot of work ahead of me is all I can say!

Question Two: Are any of your goals repeat offenders (i.e., have you made them before and not succeeded)? If so, what do you intend on doing this time to ensure you achieve them? As much as I hate to admit this, some of my goals are repeat offendors. You wouldn't think that they would be repeat offenders, you would think that they would become second nature. But if you don't keep yourself accountable these things can go by the way side. Drinking water, exercising, and spending less have been on previous lists. I don't know how to ensure that I keep on top of them once I achieve them...I'm open for suggestions! :O)

Question Three: Do you have a support system in place to help you achieve your goals? Yes, I've got you guys. And I've got my hubs. I'd have more "at home" support if I asked for it but I don't feel that many others would understand. I also don't like bossy people and worry that including some other at home folks would ruin friendships. This is about me. It's really hard to put into words. But if you knew some of the folks I have in my life you would understand. Constructive critisim is one thing, constantly telling me I'm going about things wrong and that I should be doing it "this way". Some people act like know it alls. I'm not a know it all but I do know how to investigate options and try knew things. I also know when something is working and when it is not.

Question Four: Are you a planner when it comes to meeting your goals, or do you tend to “wing it” and hope for the best? This is a funny question. I am a type a personality. I'm a total planner. I have a plan for a plan. I don't know how to "wing it" although I am sure it would be fun. I hope for the best and plan for the worst.

Question Five: Fun Question of the Week: Who knows about your blog? Are you on blogger lockdown or do the “real” people in your life know about your blog/read your blog? I've pretty much put myself on blogger lockdown. My hubs knows about my blog, my mother in law now knows of my blog, a pal from work (my work BFF) knows of my blog. That's it other than you guys. I once had a blog that my father knew about. He read it every day and critiqued it unmercifully. Again, constructive critism is one thing while being overly critical is a different bird. While I'm not an overly private person (you ask, I'll tell) I don't handle overly negative critical comments well. I understand that I may not do things right and I should be told. I understand that how I view things may not be the "holy grail". But tone is everything to me and sometimes I feel attacked by how they (my father and a few others in my life) respond to me. Don't worry, I'm working on it because I do know that sometimes I can be too sensitive about things.

And now for the happy photo of the week....
We volunteer every year for Winter Warm Up for Cardinal Care and this years event is next weekend. Last year I caught Fredbird buzzing around on this and I'm interested in seeing what trouble he gets into this year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment