Monday, July 14, 2014

Go forth and be B.R.A.Z.E.N

Changes are continuously in the air. It’s inevitable (like death and taxes).  I had my share of "inevitable" last year and I’m ready to "get ta steppin".  Thankfully from those inevitable and incredibly painful changes I have gained confidence, felt peace, and found a renewed spirit for living brazenly.  I’m inspired to dream again and set goals towards my desires.  I’m also feeling incredibly grateful.  Isn’t it funny that when you are ready embrace the future, ready to take charge, that “things” start making sense and life finally "happens".  Funny and refreshing!

A current blog I read is Carla Birnberg-Unapologetically me has routinely written about changes and taking charge and living brazenly.  In her most recent post she talks about the definition of B.R.A.Z.E.N. (her new acronym).  If you go here  you can see what BEING Brazen means to Carla (& draw your own conclusion as to what your “living BRAZENly” is).  Her definition is incredible actually.  And since it embodies much of my “life mission” I’m just going to run with it (although I will admit that “flying my freak flag” scares the shit out of me) and use it as my daily reminder.  IMO, Why reinvent the wheel if someone else’s wheel fits (and they don’t mind you borrowing their wheel)?

If I’ve learned NOTHING else from this last year I did learn that I HAVE to put myself first (no one else will) and that I’m not being selfish for doing so. I have needs/desires/dreams too.  Putting myself first doesn't mean that I'm not "going to be there" for my friends/loved ones/community; just means that I will sometimes have to say "no, not this time".

So here is to living life brazenly...

No comments:

Post a Comment