Wednesday, November 20, 2013

True or False?

found this blog post on "How big is your fear"....

Part of an article reads "If you're getting ready to get ready, you're just making excuse to protect yourself from the thing you fear most: not fear of failure but the fear of success."

and the article got me to thinking...I'm a type A person (trying to break loose) who typically has a plan a, b, and c.  I'm continuously in plan and preparation mode for health, exercise, and creating income selling advocare..."getting ready to be ready" as the author of the post (Randy Gage) mentions...

and then I got to thinking that I was on the phone with a friend earlier talking about what I want from Advocare and things I was doing to "get ready to be ready" to introduce Advocare to others and I mentioned that I'm "just not a wing it kind of person these days, I've got to prep and organize."

I probably know the answer this but, is there such a thing as "preparing too much"? Is there such a thing of doing too much "getting ready to be ready"? The article/blog post mentions that problems arise (from "getting ready to be ready") when you've missed you're opportunity for what you were getting ready for.

I suppose there really is no such thing as being too prepared but there is such a thing as not putting into play what your preparing for (ie reading about proper techniques to do something but never doing that something--just continuously reading about proper technique).

cliff notes of what I'm taking from said article: shit and get off the pot!




No comments:

Post a Comment