Friday, August 2, 2013

Making lists; moving forward

So I caught the bug (finally) and I'm feel mentally and emotionally on track. I've made all sorts of lists (including a training schedule for the Philly Half Marathon) and pulled out some resource books. I'm not just making lists but also taking notes. I know that nothing is ever set in stone and that one must be patient and flexible. I've also come to realize and appreciate those who have sent their well wishes and support to me and that they are sincere in their words (and sometimes actions). When your "glasses are fogging" you never see the sincerity in others gestures nor how important it is to have some kind of support system. Life can be so difficult; why make the journey alone if you don't have to?

 OK...so I'm all in on the AdvoCare....I'm a bit nervous because I'm not an "in your face you HAVE to try this" kind of gal. I also have issues talking verbally. I don't know the products like the back of the hand (ie what ingredients are in the item) I just know the products work. So anyway...there is a 5k coming up that I am going to sponsor in hopes of gaining exposure and potentially customers. It should be a win win (Lord forgive me) because the donation will be a tax deduction and by "sponsoring" I will be able to put my "logo" and contact information in the pamplet/booklet about the 5k, on the shirt, and a flyer in the race packet bag. for those who have picked up race packet-do you even look at the papers in the bag? I know I do but they've never been about a product; they've normally been about another race. Am I screwed because I don't have the funds to put a "trinket" in the race bag? here's my logo/info...you're ideas of what I can put in the race packet that won't break the bank.
P.S. and I think I may switch to bike races...to see if it's as much fun now as it was when I was a kid.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're feeling back on track. I know I get stuck in ruts and then it can be a big jump from KNOWING what to do to actually DOING it. So yea for you!

    Having seen the HUGE difference Advocare products made for a good friend of mine, I'm a believer. I don't think you're screwed if you don't have a trinket. Most of that kind of stuff is just cheap crap you throw away anyway, right? I always look through the papers in my race packet. Maybe a 10% off coupon or something?

    And you know what I think of bike races! :)

    ReplyDelete