Sunday, March 11, 2012

No such thing as Leave it to Beaver...

Many years ago I had an epiphany...my family was not and would NEVER be like Leave it to Beaver. My father was always angry, mom always passive (and step mom too), brother always trying to win my fathers love (but irritating my father instead) and me wishing I could just blend into the scenery. So much DRAMA! Such an unhealthy environment at times. Still can be when I let it. But I choose to keep my distance so that I can work on being a healthy well balanced individual. Some days are better than others. The perfect day eludes me but that's ok; I'm not givin up.

Recently though, I had another epiphany.  My life is NOT a made for Hollywood story where I battle a demon (or two) (and win against them of course!), where I save someone else along the way (becoming a hero), and go on to live the perfect life. With a hunky hot stud who loves me for me (and all my quirkiness) and has tons of money to spend. No matter how hard I've tried, I just can't obtain perfect. There is always going to be "something" that causes discomfort in in my life. So why have I been "sweatin" it?

4 comments:

  1. Amen, sister! We just make the best of what we have and do the best with what we're given.

    On another note, have you seen about the Tracks & Treads race on the 31st? There's a 3.8 mile trail run. The trails are tough, but fun. Might be a neat change of pace. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check into...I vaguely remember hearing something about it and being interested in doing it. My only concern is that I don't run 3.8 straight! I have to stop now and then!

      Delete
  2. but that;s the rub isnt it? i'm gonna share one of my fave quotes (from who not sure i just "heard" it) hell is being in heaven and NOT realizing it! see i think you are perfect just as you are quirks and all. you're an absolutely amazing extremely intelligent and strong woman and you're kind and supportive to boot..........what more do you need. i'm gonna share another of my fave quotes too........" what others think of me is none of my business" something to ponder! you just do what you need to make YOU happy and let the rest go! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. You are so very right-hell would be being in heaven and not knowin it! and one of my fave mantras is "I don't give a shit what they think of me. It's what I think that matters." If it matters to me it's important and that's all there is too it. It's hard but I know I'll be fine!! :O)

      Delete