Wednesday, February 29, 2012

No more excuses, Livin off the bucket list...

Just like on this "season's" Biggest Loser, NO MORE EXCUSE's! If I want to do something, I'm gonna make it happen. Just like a weekend away from home. Involving fast cars and hotels and no dogs. So I went. This last weekend. Of course I'd been planning the trip since the first of the year so technically it wasn't "off the cuff" but I went none the less. I had wavered about going because the hubs isn't big on travel and wouldn't be accompanying me. But I really wanted to go; my girlfriend from VA was going and so was her mom. Can you say "girls weekend"? Can you guess where I went? Here's a clue...


It was frickin awesome. It was also filled with chaos (Rain delay that caused me to have to rebook my flight and to stay up 30 hrs) but worth every moment and dime.  Which brings me to my post title "No more excuses, Livin off the bucket list". I've always wanted to go to a nascar race. Even tried once before but one reason after another and I didn't go. And believe it or not I've always wanted to stay in an airport "after hours" waiting for the gates to open (I think it's the writer in me).  But in the past when an opportunity was presented I made excuse after excuse as to why I couldn't do it (often the excuses invovled money or "what would others think" or I'm too weak).

But not this time.  Even when I was worried about the hubs I arouse to the opportunity. I just can't continue to live in fear, regret, what ifs, and I wish I had.  Been there done that. And the hubs understands this. And LOL he doesn't want to be the "it's all your fault" scape goat.  Of course he's an understanding guy who trusts me and has never attempted to hold me back (or down) when it comes to spreading my wings. Matter of fact he has said a time or two "why don't you...you can do it."

And I think thats what's helping me leave fear behind. It's nice. now if I could leave the last 30 pounds behind! :O)

Have a great rest of the week. I'm going to work on the results post for the virtual 5k and hope to have it up tomorrow but it will probably be Friday. 

2 comments:

  1. How fun! I can only imagine how exciting Daytona was. I've been to Talladega twice and it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is cool! I just found your blog and followed. I wanted to say "hi".

    ReplyDelete