Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Out with the Old, in with the New

A few changes happened during the last six months of 2015.  After much thought, tears, prayer I decided to ask my husband for a divorce.  We divorced in September, he moved out in September, and I felt the weight of the world lift off my shoulders in September. The decision was not made lightly and both hearts were broken. Hopefully over time both hearts will heal and both of us will live happily ever after; seperately.

During the time since the divorce I have rediscovered my courage and voice, enjoyed my alone time (a time of reflection and meditation), and attempted to learn a new "normal".  I've purged and repaired not just myself but my house.  I don't know what the future holds but eventually it will involve selling the house and moving. Until that time I get to enjoy my handy work and "reap the rewards of my labor (by viewing updated, clutter/damage free home environment)".   I've been trying not to spend too much time fretting on "what am I going to do?" And more time on how can I improve, what can I learn, how can I leave the world a better place.  Happy, healthy, confident, active, and open to the endless possibilities of what life has to offer.

Truthfully very little has changed...main thing that has change is that I have sole responsibility for the pups.  I can no longer leave for a long period of time without having to find a dog sitter. Thankfully my mom agreed to let me bring the pups with me when I visit her (and that is working out nicely) and I have found a "dog staycation" place for the very infrequent non family trips. Fingers crossed on that...soon it will be the first time that the pups have been left for more than over night with someone other than myself or my ex.

I don't know what the future holds but I know I'm going to be fine. I'm sure that there is an endless amount of possibilities of what I can do and accomplish.  I can continue to grow mentally, emotionally and physically and embrace what life has to offer.





No comments:

Post a Comment