Sunday, December 2, 2012

"And that's why your still fat..."

Power of self talk is amazing. Also amazing is how much easier it is to believe the negative over the positive. It's like a frickin ipod set up on repeat to play the same thing, over and over, day in day out. Or like a record that skips and plays the same thing over and over until you pick up the needle for those who are my age.

I know when the negative voices set up permanent camp; refusing to leave.  But there is no way to go back-"it is what it is". Life happens. Some just know how to move on earlier than others. Then again, I've noticed that there are a lot of others out there "just like me", muddling their way thru too, just trying to find their happy place. We all have a story.  But no offense, it's not a comforting feeling. Life shouldn't ALWAYS be so hard. Or emotionally charged. I enjoy the days when the stars are aligned perfectly and "life" falls into place where I can smile freely because I "feel at peace". I long for a "routine" that doesn't involve feeling helpless, overwhelmed, "out of sorts".

No comments:

Post a Comment