Thursday, August 26, 2010

It can be a bit daunting at times...

Not knowing what's next. Not knowing what happened and/or why it even happened. You just know you need to get up every morning, put your big kid clothes on, and march back out there and give it your best shot!



My favorite thing about life is the plain and simple fact that (IMO) each year I get older, I get a little better. Each birthday I get a little calmer and seem to have more patience; even for myself. Each year I become a little more forgiving and not so quick to judge; Even of myself and the mistakes I've made (and continue to make). Each year I get a little stronger, a little more confident, and a little more beautiful (inside and out).



These are things that they don't teach you in kindergarten. They (parents, teachers, and others in our community) may make mention of life getting better with age; but never specifics about what part will get better and what to look for! I guess there's some good to that...if they were specific it wouldn't have been such a pleasant surprise!


3 comments:

  1. This is a great post! You look so happy in the close-ups! (Can't tell in #1.)

    Cute husband!

    "Put your big kids' clothes on", that is so true.

    March, march, march..... to a better, older us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have been added, I'm excited to have you join us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there,

    You aren't Nosy Rosy. I temporarily shelved "that" post because I got to thinking that I probably shouldn't have put it out there to begin with, due to the nature of the material. It's unlikely that anyone would know who/what/where I was talking about, but you never know. It was probably poor judgement on my part to post about it.

    But, boy, did I ever get some good advice!

    Since this is a little more intimate than a posting, I will tell you first that I did not say "yes" to the FB. That's the one I have to disappoint first thing tomorrow morning. The other is a very good choice, and I would have been over-the-moon about it, had this two-opportunity dilemma not come up. (Until a background check is completed and the offer is put into writing, I can't resign, so I will probably not post about this subject until that's all done. Then, JOY!!!)

    All weekend, your line about "put on your big kids' clothes" has stuck with me. To make the decision, that's what I had to wear. So, in your own way, Rosy, you helped! Really!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete