Wednesday, August 15, 2012

not even 10 weeks, finally feeling alive, a long over due letter, and then some

Realization is setting in that in about 9 weeks there is a half marathon that I'm signed up for. And if I participate in it, it will be the last one for a while. I LOVE participating in half marathons. It's pretty amazing that I can walk/jog 13.1 miles, not die AND get it done in less than 3 hours. But there is something wrong with my brain and I am just not investing the time I need to invest to properly prepare my body. I blame a little on the weather (and lack of cool breezes) and the newest addition (Frankie) who threw a wrench in there (you laugh but you try and bring a brand new puppy who wants to go out at 2am, 3am, and 5am AND train at the same time) but there have been other factors.

After countless visits over the years to doctors (who don't listen) complaining about exhaustion, flakiness, achy bones, etc and them finding "nothing wrong" other than being pre-menopausal (that they can offer no relief for other than anti depressants) I've sought other alternatives.  A few months back I did a "hand" scan that reads the "energy" levels.  They touched on a few areas (thyroid, red blood cells) that made sense due to my family medical history but offered no "real way" for "correcting" the energy other than buying their oils and such but since I have no experience with oils I wasn't willing to invest that high a cost. Thankfully the scan it self was only 15 dollars.  And did give me an idea of what areas to target and possibly find supplements for. Well last week, exactly a week ago, I went to someone else (non-doctor) who tests your blood for parasites, calcium build up, and such (for a lack of better words). Evidently my red blood cells are infested with these lil buggers (no worries, everyone has parasites, it's natural, it's just the amount in your system to worry about). Amazingly my white blood cells were fine and my blood showed a lil bit of calcium buildup (which evidently indicates your blockage starting in your arteries).  Anyhow she offered a "plan of action" that was covered in the cost of the test ($50).  It wasn't like some diet place where you have to sign up, pay a few to join AND pay for their food.  The items needed can all be bought at the local supplement isle, although she did recommend going to the health food store instead ("get what you paid for"). Since there is not a Whole foods in IL I opted for Walmart and Walgreen's for the supplements (probiotics, digestive enzymes, and amino acid) and started taking them that night. I'm already feel better. I could tell Monday/Tuesday that I was feeling better. I noticed other things being better as well but I won't gross you out. Now granted I could be feeling better because I want to feel better but it doesn't matter does it? And funny thing, I FEEL BETTER even though I have an allergy cold! So I'm going to keep with the plan....

A wrote a letter today to someone I knew 20 years ago. In the letter I apologized for stiffing him out of the electric bill money.  On one hand it seems a bit silly but on the other when you do something wrong, no matter how long ago it was, you should apologize. Besides, my mother would be happy with me now. Just before she died in 1995 she brought it to my attention that he was mad and why (I had forgotten about the bill).  Oh well, It's mailed and I feel better.  Although I do pray he doesn't try and sue me for the money (can you imagine a $40 power bill from 1990 WITH INTEREST! yikes) plus interest.  Now I am down to one person I feel I owe an apology to but I don't remember her full name. So I'll just have to do a special prayer apologizing? Please don't laugh-it might not be paid for!! ha ha ha jk

Do any of you ever feel the need to make amends for something you did 20 plus years ago? Do you think it really matters to them? Would you sue someone that owed you money and apologized 20 yrs later?

6 comments:

  1. It is like one of the 12 steps I think...I was born Catholic (although not devout) and from a certain point it seems that I have been a state of penance for a bunch of past deeds. Good for the soul to fess up the wrong doings and just do better...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmmm that must be it...I was baptised Catholic and that portion of the religion has seeped into my pores!! :O) nothing wrong with it...easier to sleep at night!!

      Delete
  2. There's no Whole Foods, but have you tried Green Earth in Edwardsville?

    Hope the supplements keep helping you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did not know of them, I will have to check them out Sunday thanks

      Delete
  3. I'm glad that the supplements and things are making you feel better. Hopefully they will continue to do the trick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so, I'm tired of always being tired!!!! :0) and achy, tired of achy too!!

      Delete